The launch of the new CT & MRI GE machines places Doctors Hospital at the forefront of imaging centres this side of the Atlantic and makes it the foremost imaging centre in the Caribbean.
512 slice GE Revolution CT with 2nd Generation Gemstone Dual Energy
1.5 Tesla GE Signa AIR MRI with Deep Learning
Key Reasons to Choose Doctors Hospital
The radiology department at DH is staffed with:
- Four full-time, principal list, registered radiology technologists graduated from three-year radiographer programs,
- Available fellowship sub-specialty-trained radiologists
- An onsite, board-certified interventional radiologist.
Advancing the possibilities of patient care
What is a spectral CT scan?
A computerized tomography (CT) scan combines a series of X-ray images from different angles around your body. Computer processing then creates cross-sectional images (slices) of your bones, blood vessels, and soft tissues inside your body. These powerful images help to diagnose disease or injury and plan medical, surgical, or radiation treatment.
A CT scan has many uses, but it’s particularly well suited to quickly examining people who may have internal injuries, trauma, or disease.
CT scan images provide more detailed information than standard X-rays and can be used to visualize nearly all parts of the body.
Why you might need a CT scan
Your doctor may recommend a CT scan to help:
- Diagnose muscle and bone disorders, such as tumors and fractures
- Pinpoint the location of a tumor, infection, or blood clot
- Guide procedures such as surgeries, biopsies, and radiation therapy
- Detect and monitor diseases and conditions such as cancer, heart disease, lung nodules, and liver masses
- Monitor the effectiveness of specific treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation
- Detect internal injuries and internal bleeding
A game changer in medical imaging
The new spectral 512 slice Revolution CT by GE at DH is the first of its kind in the Caribbean and on par with the world’s best hospitals. Our spectral CT delivers excellence across all clinical specialties with immediate results 24-hours a day.
- Quick, high-quality tests and results in a low-stress environment
- Ultra-fast speed with an extra-wide 80 cm bore for optimum patient comfort
- Powerfully quiet split-second scanning
- Patient-centric design, including soft ambient lighting
- 4D imaging for all anatomies to visualize vascular flow, organ motion, and other properties
- The lowest dose of CT radiation in Cayman
- Over 90% less radiation for children
- Uncompromised image quality and clinical capabilities
- Rapid and comprehensive trauma assessment with wide detector and fast table speed
Delivering better care with less radiation while maximizing patient comfort
- One-beat, low-dose, high-definition, and motion-free at any heart rate – even with challenging cases.
- Comprehensive cardiac assessment: coronary arteries, myocardial perfusion, and cardiac function in a single exam.
- Robust, high-definition, triple-rule-out study for every patient, with minimal breath-hold.
- A single test that looks for pulmonary embolism, cardiac ischemia, and aortic aneurysms – all of which present with the same type of chest pain.
- Routine low-dose head imaging in less than a second with significantly reduced artifacts (by-products that may affect image quality).
- High-definition CT angiography (CTA).
- Rapid, comprehensive stroke assessment.
- One exam for whole-brain perfusion and dynamic, low-dose CTA.
- Personalized wide coverage imaging with flexible sampling without table motion.
- Fast body scans with excellent image quality, and the ability to generate multiple phases/images in a single scan with less radiation.
- Dynamic imaging of the liver, kidneys, and pancreas with robust vascular flow analysis.
- Musculoskeletal imaging
- High-definition bone imaging with significantly reduced artifacts (by-products that may affect image quality) from screws and metal.
- 4D kinetic study to assess joint articulation through wide coverage dynamic imaging.