Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Low Table Height & Wide Bore
Breathe- and Motion-free
Multiple Image Contrasts from a Single Scan
What is MRI
MRI at Doctors Hospital
Uses & Indications for MRI
Heart and Blood Vessels
- Size and function of the heart’s chambers and structures
- Thickness and movement of the walls of the heart
- Heart attacks or heart disease, including extent of damage
- Structural problems in the major blood vessels, such as aneurysms
- Inflammation or blockages in the blood vessels
- Heart function under ‘load’ called a Stress MRI
Brain and Spinal Cord
- Tumours of the brain and neurological system
- Spinal cord disorders, including disc compression
- Stroke and other infarct-related conditions
- Brain injury e.g. from trauma
- Aneurysms of cerebral vessels
- Disorders of the eye
- Problems in the inner ear
- Multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune conditions
Other Organs, Systems & Structures
- Internal abdominal organs, including liver and bile ducts, kidneys, spleen and pancreas
- Organs and structures of the lower abdomen & pelvic region, including uterus and ovaries in women and prostate in men
- Bones and joints, including identifying bone infections
Cancer Screening & Diagnosis
- Tumours of the bones
- Soft tissue Tumours
- Tumours in the organs of the body
- Breast tumours
At Doctors Hospital we can also perform Rapid Breast Screening with MRI to identify and diagnose breast cancer as early as possible.
Book an MRI Scan
Scheduling a Patient
To schedule an MRI Scan, Doctors Hospital requires a copy of the patient’s requisition form from their physician. Once we receive the request from the patient for the examination, depending on whether the patient has insurance, a Doctors Hospital representative will request pre-certification. Once approval is received from the patient’s insurance company, we will contact them for an appointment.
If the patient will be paying out of pocket, or has a STAT referral, we will review the appointment request and determine the preparation required for the examination before scheduling.
For Referring Doctors
Physicians can send Doctors Hospital’s Radiology department an email (Imaging@doctorshospitalcayman.com) with the patient’s insurance information and the MRI request form.
They can also call us at 640-1441 or 640-1432 to discuss availability and book an appointment.