Your checklist - 24 to 72 hours before your surgery
- Do not use tobacco, drink alcohol or take drugs for at least 24 hours before your surgery.
- Arrange to have someone take care of your children while you are having surgery and for 24 hours afterward.
- Arrange for an someone to drive you home after your surgery and stay with you for 24 hours.
- Check with your insurance provider if you have any questions about your co-payment or deductible.
- Call your doctor if you have any symptoms of a cold, the flu, a rash, any other illness or infection or if you suspect you might be pregnant.
- Carefully follow your doctor’s instructions for the eight to 48 hours before your surgery.
Items to bring with you:
- Your complete medical history.
- Your health insurance card.
- Any items provided to you by your surgeon if it is indicated you will need them immediately after surgery.
Items to leave at home:
- Your jewelry, including your wedding ring and any other body piercing jewelry.
- Extra money, checkbook and credit cards.